Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Difference between good, and great

Hey hey,

So I'm blogging at you live from Santa Monica, CA, where we're jammin' out some awesome code. Funny thing, though, so I'm designing some new motion graphic elements for web, which I've never (ever) done before, and I'm going to start busting them out in After Effects (probably, and then follow it with flash, if there's some sort of cross compatibility, that'd be awesome.) Anyway, I have no idea what my limitations are for doing stuff for the web, and I go to the developers and am like "so, I've got this great idea, what are my limitations?"

They're like, "Dunno, go wild, and then we'll see where we have to scale back."

At a previous organization, if I were doing motion graphic projects, it'd be the opposite. "Here are your limits, now design." Basically, instead of having the best idea from me, they get the idea that fits inside the box. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between good and great.

I'll post more later.

No comments: