Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Beta is the new Alpha....

www.techcheckdaily.com

That's the new gig. Ain't it cool? Yeah, I claim Beta, but i'm not anywhere near where I'd like to be. I've got three phases of public release. Alpha was going the last month or so. Beta is where I try to start attracting users. Gamma is where I quit my dayjob and make the site exactly how I want. 1.0 is when I've got people supporting me (financially or as employees.)

Roadmap for this project? Alpha -> now. Beta -> February/marchish. Gamma -> June 15th. V1.0 a year??? I don't know what the realistic development cycle for a website is, but hey, we'll find out.

Gamma has some awesome features potentially. That's what'll really cause a breakout of new users. Cume 20% growth is why I'd like till Gamma, then I'd take 10-15%. Then, I'll be really close to profitable.

No comments: