Thursday, November 16, 2006

Calacanis to leave AOL?

Wow.

If you come here for my insightful and interesting life, please pause for a moment while i discuss some geek-related news.

Tech Crunch drops the bomb, says my former boss, Jason Calacanis, is leaving Netscape/AOL.

Do I believe it?

Yes.

If you look at his blog posts over the last little bit, he's drifted away from the social news angle he once held. Now, instead, he seems to be posting a lot about wikipedia and Jimbo, arguably wikipedia's founder.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say he's thinking about starting some sort of wiki-related service. A wikipedia competitor? Doubtful, although it may work. I think he's on to something with placing ads on wikipedia to donate to charity. Don't know how it'll work, but if one thing is certain, Jason can get it going.

The real question is: if J.C. leaves AOL, can he still host his blog on Blogsmith? Better yet, can I host my blog on blogsmith? =)

No comments: